BOOKS IN THIS BUNDLE
A PACK SAVING OF £7.97
Painting is a Class Act provides a structured approach to the development of painting skills in primary schools. It is aimed specifically at non-specialist art teachers, but more experienced art teachers will find it inspirational too. The three books in the series cover the entire primary age range: Years 1-2, Years 3-4 and Years 5-6.
Using a skill-based approach to painting will:
- Raise standards in art
- Boost children's self-esteem and confidence, which in turn will help promote high standards in other curriculum areas.
The three-book series:
- Clearly sets out the progression of skills to be taught for colour mixing, colour theory, watercolours, history of painting, using works of art and other techniques and media
- Gives examples of how the skills can be applied
- Contains carefully planned, clearly laid-out lesson plans
The Painting is a Class Act series links well to the new National Curriculum for Art and Design. It provides a coherent structure for ensuring that pupils at Key Stage 1 and 2:
- learn to use drawing and painting to explore their ideas and record their experiences
- become proficient in painting and drawing
- develop the ability to use the language of art to evaluate and analyse creative works
- know about great artists and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
Download the attachment for more detailed links.