Physical French Phonics was a European Language Label winning project in 2012. Read what teachers and pupils say about it.
Physical French Phonics is a tried-and-tested multisensory approach to teaching French phonics. It has been developed in conjunction with primary school children and their teachers over the course of several years.
For each phoneme, students learn an action, as well as the graphemes associated with that sound. Cheerful colourful cartoon pictures link the actions to the sounds and help to facilitate learning.
The comprehensive teacherʼs guide provides a clear step-by-step approach to introducing pupils to French phonemes. It contains practical advice, activities and guidance, along with photocopiable games and reference sheets.
Through using Physical French Phonics your pupils will not only learn to pronounce correctly the French vocabulary introduced, they will also gain the skills to tackle any new vocabulary they encounter with confidence.
The DVD contains everything you need:
- Video clips of French speakers saying each sound and performing the associated action
- Video clips of French speakers saying and acting out key words, carefully selected to introduce all the French phonemes
- Video clips of French speakers demonstrating how liaison works in practice
- Audio clips of all the phonemes and words introduced
- Attractive full-colour flashcards and resource sheets, giving you access to ready-made colourful resources for displays and games
- Interactive white-board files for all the phonemes so, once you understand the system, you can make your own phonic resources to accompany any topic.
The representation of sounds through letters in any language should be seen as a code. It is hoped that Physical French Phonics will provide the key needed to break this code for all French students.
You can see a sample video from the DVD and also a video showing children using the system by following this link to the Physical French Phonics facebook page www.facebook.com/physicalfrenchphonics